Monday, April 20, 2009

Tea Party!

We found out about Columbus' Tax Day Tea Party the night before.

We decided it was something we wanted to participate in, and so we made some signs and headed on down!

We heard a couple of speakers and saw some other interesting signs and then went home! It was well worth it!

I am so grateful to live in this country where we can express ourselves freely!

I think it is so sad though that some people consider me a hostile, racist, extremist because I participated in this 'Tea Party.' *sigh*

The crowd...about 600!
A great quote.

Lucas missed his nap that day. :)


Ethan's sign! Isaac ended up wearing it later.

Ethan's original seat!


The Harpers, expressing themselves. :)







5 comments:

Katie said...

You have some wonderful pictures! I just wanted to make sure you knew we are giving away a Wii to the best Tea Party sign picture taken at a Tea Party Last week. Details - http://motherofallconservatives.com/2009/04/moac-giving-away-a-wii/

Me said...

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! I love it! I am so jealous. GO HARPERS!!! Killeen did not have one and with my OB appt I couldn't make the drive to the next city, I missed out!

Laura said...

Wow, what a great turnout! Good job getting your children interested in politics early. They will shape the future.

The Young's said...

My sister participated in hers! :) You should see her picture of her sign: http://rochelleandben.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Ricker said...

dude, you forget you are a racist, extremist because you are Mo', not because you want to be politically active - at least that's what i always see on TV! get it right Gina:-)