Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rites of Passage


Before I launch into my post I've been thinking about, here are a couple fun pics of my loves.


My handsome men. :) Lucky me to be surrounded by such guys!



Lookit that happy grin! I love to bring it out in him. Luckily it comes out easily! :)

My silly Roo! He found these 'glasses' and had to put them on.


Who knows what he's thinking...but I love his sweet face!

Okay...here's what I have been pondering.
Tiny has been sick for a couple of days. I felt SO badly for him...babies shouldn't be allowed to get tummy viruses. But I realized that there are certain Rites of Passage of Parenthood, good and bad, that most (if not all) parents go through.

Unfortunately I went through two in the past couple of days: literally walking the floor with a crying baby, and seeing my little 4 month old puke his guts out. *sniffle* That made me think of other Rites of Passage that I (and Ian) have gone through. Here's what I thought of:
1. Going to Chuck E Cheese on a Saturday night.
2. Flying with an infant/toddler alone.
3. Flying with and infant AND toddler alone.
4. Seeing your child truly terrified (see Ethan's pictures here from the roller coaster).
5. Reading and reading and reading and reading the saaaame book over and over to your kids.
6. Buying a new car to accomodate your growing family.
7. Having a child puke in said car. While you're driving.
Those are the only ones my (tired) brain can think of right now. I am sure there are more. What do you think?
The main thing I know is that they are all worth it.
And now...to see if I can get some rest time in. My legs are tired from that walking.

3 comments:

Me said...

First, sorry that the littlest one is not feeling so good!
Now~ rite of passage is TRUE!!
Also disciplining this perfect child that at birth you thought could do no wrong!
Surviving temper tantrums!
Surviving (for us anyways) first surgeries
and the first days of school

Angie said...

What cute kids! Can't wait to see them this summer. Drew is sick also, and I have not slept at all! Do you ever wonder how people have more than 3 kids?

The Byrd's said...

I know the feeling my baby has been doing the same this week its not fun...I just don't look forward to when tj leaves next month