Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Oh Night Divine Part

Yeah so I decided to post that other one before I put the pics I have from Matt's wedding up. :)

We had a great time in FL!!

We drove down on Friday in our minivan (loooooved it) and checked into our hotel. We stayed at the
Hotel Biba , a cute little old school motor inn that has been renovated and updated.

After check-in we headed over to the
Colony Hotel to meet Jennifer and to attend the rehearsal dinner. Very nice hotel, really pretty and cozy. We had a great time meeting Matt and Jennifer's family and eating some tasty 'fancy' cookout food. :)

Saturday morning I dropped Ian off at the Colony so he could do some 'guy things' (getting a straight razor shave for one!) with Matt and the other groomsmen. After that I drove down Dixie Hwy for fun and then went to the spa!

That's right, I said spa. :) Ian sent me to
Kaffee's Garden Spa for a couple of hours of relaxation.


And Oh. My. Word. It was beyond fun. :) I loved every second of it!! I got a pedicure, a manicure (my first ever mani!), and a mini facial (my first ever facial too!). It was heaven. :) My toenails and nails were so pretty and I practically fell asleep during the facial. :)

I don't know all the lotions and potions that she put on my face but it sure felt good and looked even better afterward! One of the masks she put on was a pumpkin and pineapple one...I practically wanted to taste it because it smelled so good! :)

After that I went back and just relaxed and then got myself all gussied up for the wedding! I had a good time getting all dressed up by myself...without interference. :)

Ian looked AWESOME in his penguin suit! SO handsome. I am so lucky. :)

The ceremony was outside, and nice and small and intimate. And so very Matt. :) It was officiated by a rabbi, which was a new experience for me. And Matt of course was his usual fun and jovial self during the ceremony, which I loved. :)

After the ceremony was over, there was a cocktail reception with some tasty hors d'ouevres (chicken satay, lamb chops, sushi, etc.), and then the dinner/reception.

The reception area was set so prettily with roses and everything...really good food too, and great music from a band that Matt takes pictures for. We even got on the dance floor and boogied a little bit! Me with my big ole belly even! :)

All in all it was a great evening!! We had such a fun time, it was just unbelieveable! Matt's sister, Lauren, and her hubby Tony, were such a blast to talk to. They may come up to GA sometime and stop by to say hi! Yay!

And Matt and Jennifer are PERFECT for each other!! Ian and I were both just busting with happiness :) for the both of them. :)

Sunday we stopped by our condo to meet our renters...weird to have to knock on the door that I used to go in and out everyday. :) They were both very nice and the condo looks fantastic! YAY!

Then we came home to Ian's parents' house and were able to spend a little more time with Leah and her fam!

Alrighty! Here are some of the pics that we took in our hotel room after the wedding. So I look a little bedraggled and tired, but that's ok. Ian put his bowtie back on for the pics because he wanted to look complete!

Enjoy. :)



All dressed up and huge! :) Jill, Ian's mom, let me borrow a purse that used to be Monique's! Monique is Ian's dad's mom.


And from the side. :)

Here's how I did my hair....it was a LOT curlier early on in the night. :) I used a really pretty clip that Ian bought me in FL at a Greek festival. It has green stones on it, so that's why my jewelry has green beads too. :) I made the necklace to go with the earrings I'd previously made for my trip to Toronto.

Grrrr!!

Tying one on!

Double O Ian!

Just the two of us!

5 comments:

Em said...

you look so pretty!

Melissa Bejot said...

What a handsome couple! You look REALLY great for being REALLY pregnant! I hope that baby comes soon for you.

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you didn't pop during the trip! Sorry we missed you . . . :(

Angie said...

I love your dress. I always have a hard time finding a cute maternity dress. I tried calling you the other day but you were in GA, so I talked to Ian. Yes, Addie got your card, and the outfit for Drew is darling. I'll be sending you a thank you card and baby shower gift soon. Love ya!

The Young's said...

Oh, I am SO glad you had a great time...with no kids! And that you got to spend some quality time on YOURSELF!