Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Roommates, Couch Destruction, Duds (?), and Words

Well, we broke down and did it!

About 2 weeks ago we were at Wal-Mart and called Daddy to ask if we could get a fish.

We ended up getting TWO. HA!

Luckily they are the fairly low maintenance type.


Meet our Bettas!

The blue and white one is the one Ethan picked. His name is Toyota.

The red one is Lucas', and his name is Yaya. Closest we could decipher from when we asked him what he'd like to name it. :)



They live in a divided tank which in the middle has a removable blue part that covers the wall. Supposedly if you remove the blue thing once in a while it is good for them, promotes 'flaring' because they can see each other and get mad. HA!

As you can see, Toyota is already flared and they can't see each other in this pic. So! He must be one angry guy.

I thought I'd share a picture of my poor couch.

This destruction happens on a regular basis.

Usually starts with "Mom, can I build a couch cushion fort?"

It cracks me up how you can see Roo's diaper hanging out! :)

Ethan's favorite Primary song is "When Jesus Christ Was Baptized"...here he is singing it.

Notice his choice of words for the very last word.

It's supposed to be 'dove'... ;)


Here is my little Roo showing off a bit...with my coaching. :)

I love my boys!!!

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ellie was transfixed (enamored?) and demanded multiple viewings, "Again!" I particularly enjoyed Ethan coaching/correcting "Poppy!" from the sidelines.

Anonymous said...

Good job Lucas!

Anonymous said...

Good job Ethan ... I love to hear you sing and I know Heavenly Father loves to hear you sing too!

Kim Ence said...

So sweet! I love it when they sub words!

Stacers said...

ADORABLE!!!!! That is so cute how Ethan sings primary songs! My favorite "Lucas word" is-helicopter- truly adorable! I have to say that making huts is one of my favorite pasttimes. Next time I see you guys I'll have to pass on some of my expertise! *hehe*

Stacers said...

PS- I like the fish names as well!

Royal Family said...

Your boys have grown so much. They are adorable! I wish you guys still lived close to us. My girls would love to play together. We miss you guys. Love, Gilmores

Me said...

What a blessing those cute boys are!! I love hearing those sweet songs from heavenly father's children!

Angie said...

Cute! We had fish in Ohio and Garrett and Addie loved them. Garrett keeps asking when we are going to get them in Texas. He's still convinced that Ohio is better than Texas, because we had fish there.

Em said...

Too cute--your boys, that is! I'm sure the Holy Ghost loves knowing he decends like a dud. :) Kids are so funny!

Melissa Bejot said...

Wow - I love Ethan's hair! What beautiful curls!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!

Love the fish. I am considering adopting one myself. I will call Ethan and request naming services if I do. Toyota? That's a great one!

Shelice said...

Oh, Ethan singing one of songs from this year...oh, my heart...not that I can take credit, but it sure makes me smile.