Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ethanisms For Today

So I had two conversations with Ethan today that I had to relate.

One happened in the car, out of the blue.

Here's how it went.

Ethan: "Mom, I know I'm getting older."
Me: "Really? How do you know that?"
Ethan: "Because my body told me."
Me: "Your body told you?"
Ethan: "Yes, I think my body hates me."
Me: "Hates you? Um...I don't think so."
Ethan: "Yeah. I'm getting older."

?!

The next was also out of the blue.

Ethan: "Mom, how does Heavenly Father send the babies down?"
Me: "Send the babies down?"
Ethan: "Yeah, to the ground. When they are born."
Me: "Well, I am not sure. When we are born, we forget what happened before we are born, so I am not sure."
Ethan: "Well, I know how He sends them down."
Me: "Oh yeah? How?"
Ethan: "A Heaven Train."
Me: "A Heaven Train? And how does that work?"
Ethan: "Well it's a big long train with no caboose. It has long cars, lots of cars. And all the babies are in the cars. That's all."
Me: "Well! Okay." (Speechless!)

I love love love talking to this child.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love the train idea. I think he is on to something.

Youngbull Family said...

TOO FUNNY! He's a little young for his body to be hating him, don't you think? LOL
Unless it's growing pains.

Angie said...

At least he believes in a train! Garrett thought that Heavenly Father just drops us from heaven to the ground! Cute kids, can't wait to see them!

Me said...

Both are cute conversations!! Love it! If he thinks his body hates now him just wait 'til her really gets older! And that Heaven train is the best!

Lori said...

How funny!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is too cute!!